Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hexidecimal's "Doorbell"

A moment of silence, for our fallen Guardians.
"Oh, geez...FINALLY....this game cheats, so bad!"

Previous puzzle:

> Well, that was fun. You're certainly no binomes, I suppose.
Fun!?! You call that FUN!?! A Guardian got nulled over your "Fun".
> Yes, I see. How adorable! Can I keep her? You have so many, and I like this one..don't you want to fileshare?
No, Hex! That null is my friend. You can't have any nulls! Not only that, but filesharing is dangerous. Can't you restore them?
>Oh, I could, but, not until The Game is over. That wouldn't be fair.
Fair? You have twisted sense of "fair", Hex.
> Oh, what are you .waving on about? It's all in good fun. I *do* so like to keep it interesting, and Oh, look! Now there are 6! Hex is 6, Hex is a Spell. It's like a celebration of ME! Oh, it makes me want to sing!
Oh, no... please don't...not a musical number.
>Too late, protecty-pants! I've got my .MP3 on, now! Just sit back and enjoy the show!

Oh, the lengths I'll go to to work in a video, huh?

Was that really necessary? You're nulling Guardians, and you sing and dance?
>Oh, lighten up.What good is a game, if you can't have fun in it? Oh, all right, if it makes you feel any better, I WILL help you and your little survivors, Oh, you all do so remind me of Bob. He was always out to "Mend and Defend"
Well, okay, then. What's your plan?
>It's a secret. It's simple, really, but I'll need you to go to the Supercomputer, first.
What? The Supercomputer? The Headquarters of Daemon, and her fallen Guardians? You just want us to' ring the doorbell, and walk right in'?
>Sure, why not?
Uh, 'zero survivability' comes to mind....
>Oh, do stop. I'll set you up in a hidden file envelope. Nobody will know even you're there. Once you get there, you'll have to decrypt an access code, of course..
Of course. I'm beginning to see a pattern, here
>Thank you for reminding me! I've noticed some patterns, myself!
Uh...what?.
>Your Guardians. Always helping each other. So 'nice'. Such 'Team Spirit'. So BORING. I think it's time to make it a teensy bit more interesting, don't you? Of course you do.
I get the feeling that when you want my opinion, you'll give it to me.
>Oh, aren't you the clever sprite? Yes, it's quite simple: I'll let you Guardians 'help' each other, but only according to my rules. If I can't be with MY Bob, then nobody gets to.
Okay, fine, let's just get on with this, and hope we don't lose any guardians.
>Oh, and if ONE member of a Paired Team gets nullified, so does their co-Guardian...
WHAT?! You're going to null, in PAIRS?
>Sure, why not, it will be such fun! We're done with 'easy', aren't we? I mean, I AM doing most of the work. Let me open that portal for you...

Wait, what's that? Hex, Those aren't even numbers!
> Numbers are relative symbols, dear sprite. Patterns can be swapped out,if it's all universally symbolic I'll give you a hint, though "You can go to Hollywood to see the stars, but you should never stare directly into the 'Zero'."
That's a Hint?
>Sure is. I didn't say it was a BIG hint, did I? Oh, and the pattern has to be "1 of each", horizontally, vertically, and along the strings. Like a game of Strimko. As to what symbol is what, I'm sure you can look it up, somewhere.You've proved you're a resourceful lot.
<note, this puzzle has missing information, easily gathered from a search engine>

6 comments:

  1. GRRR...Hexidecimal...[shakes fist]

    Not THIS time, either!

    [enters Code 07365]

    (Co-Guardian: Heather Hexheart)

    Sources:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_symbols
    http://www.wikihow.com/Remember-the-Order-of-the-Planets-in-Our-Solar-System


    [ponders]: 07...365...

    7 days in a week...365 of them in a year...

    Coincidence ^ :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. My co-guardian is John Lifeglen
    The code is: 07365

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ding-dong. The code is: 07365

    My Co-Guardian is Cassandra Hexthorn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The code is: 07365

    My co-Guardian was: Morgrim Trollfriend

    ReplyDelete
  5. So my Co-Guardian was Maria MiinBlossom.
    The answer we got was : 07365

    -Guardian Morgrim T.
    "Saving HiaG is the goal"
    P.S. That was a tricky hint Hex...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Code: 07365
    Partner/Hero: Kevin BattleBlood

    He deserves the credit for this one for catching my transposed symbols without him I'd be a Null!

    ReplyDelete